How to Make Taffy . . .That Turns into Hard Candy or Fine Art
Here are some tips to keep in mind when learning how to make hard candy. Candy mixtures should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. To guide you, our recipes suggest range-top temperatures.... Taffy (American English) or chews (British English) is a type of candy. Taffy is made by stretching or pulling a sticky mass of boiled sugar, butter or vegetable oil, flavorings, and colorings until it becomes aerated (meaning that tiny air bubbles are produced, …
Taffy is too hard AskCulinary - reddit
My first time making hard candy and it worked! I made mine into cherry suckers using LorAnn's Gourmet Cherry flavoring oil. I poured candy into Wilton candy... I made mine into cherry suckers using LorAnn's Gourmet Cherry flavoring oil.... I did check my thermometer to make sure it was accurate; boiling water showed 211.6 degrees, so I don't think that was the issue. Should I try a lower temp, like 255 next time? or a higher temp? Reading recipes online, I see temps for taffy anywhere from 250-270 degrees.
how to make saltwater taffy YouTube
26/10/2015 · I was using one recipe to make my salt water taffy and everything was going well until it came time to pull the taffy. I noticed small shards of candy would harden and snap off. Eventually, the whole thing got too hard for me to even pull and after a couple of minutes, it had totally crystallized and was more like a hard …... Here are some tips to keep in mind when learning how to make hard candy. Candy mixtures should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. To guide you, our recipes suggest range-top temperatures.
Real Fruit juice in Hard Candy? CandyMakers - reddit
People having trouble with consistency need to rely more on the hard ball method (have a bowl of cold water and drip the cooking taffy into it. If the taffy has a crusty hardish texture -it's ready) the first time until they get a feel for their temperature gauge. My gauge is fairly new and mine was ready right at 150. It was a sticky, gooey mess, but that is how it's supposed to be at first... Trusted Results with How to make hard taffy. How To Make Taffy Recipe Group Recipes. Our most trusted How To Make Taffy recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks.
How To Make Hard Taffy
Taffy is too hard AskCulinary - reddit
- dessert Homemade taffy turned out too thick and hard
- how to make saltwater taffy YouTube
- Real Fruit juice in Hard Candy? CandyMakers - reddit
- How to make hard taffy CookEatShare
How To Make Hard Taffy
9/06/2011 · With a little cooking, the leftover syrup should make excellent hard candies… and it seems you could cook it to the hard ball stage (250F degrees) and pull it to make taffy. Also, you could cut the syrup with water to start a new batch of candied fruit.
- 27/08/2008 · The taffy was left in the pantry in a paper bag. Now it's hard and I hate to throw it out. Any ideas how to re-soften it? Now it's hard and I hate to throw it out. Any ideas how to re-soften it?
- Here are some tips to keep in mind when learning how to make hard candy. Candy mixtures should boil at a moderate, steady rate over the entire surface. To guide you, our recipes suggest range-top temperatures.
- You can make hard candy with clear, concentrated juice, adding it after the sugar mixture has reached 300F and has been removed from the heat (which is when you'd add extracts, oils, etc). For optimal flavor, use a combination of juice and extract/oils, and consider adding a bit of citric acid to round out the flavor and add a bit of tartness.
- 20/12/2018 · To make your own taffy more attractive, you can choose to mix colors or play around with formats and sizes. Once the taffy becomes too hard for pulling, it's …
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Deakin ACT, Narrabundah ACT, City ACT, Ernestina ACT, Beard ACT, ACT Australia 2669
- New South Wales: Mossgiel NSW, Tullimbar NSW, Minore NSW, Lilydale NSW, Gurrundah NSW, NSW Australia 2042
- Northern Territory: Hudson NT, Katherine NT, Birdum NT, Palumpa NT, Logan Reserve NT, Mataranka NT, NT Australia 0847
- Queensland: Nathan QLD, Burpengary QLD, Yalboroo QLD, Moore Park Beach QLD, QLD Australia 4076
- South Australia: Field SA, Banksia Park SA, Coromandel Valley SA, Aldinga SA, Forreston SA, Woodville West SA, SA Australia 5028
- Tasmania: Three Hummock Island TAS, Hobart TAS, Whitemark TAS, TAS Australia 7065
- Victoria: Wildwood VIC, Chewton VIC, Yarraberb VIC, Guys Hill VIC, Lamplough VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Mulga Queen Community WA, Yalgoo WA, Hester WA, WA Australia 6072
- British Columbia: West Kelowna BC, Cranbrook BC, Montrose BC, Midway BC, Smithers BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W4
- Yukon: Britannia Creek YT, Fort Reliance YT, Carcross Cutoff YT, Frances Lake YT, Takhini YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C4
- Alberta: Hinton AB, Alix AB, Black Diamond AB, Hay Lakes AB, Stavely AB, Forestburg AB, AB Canada, T5K 4J5
- Northwest Territories: Inuvik NT, Lutselk'e NT, Fort Good Hope NT, Jean Marie River NT, NT Canada, X1A 6L6
- Saskatchewan: Creelman SK, Arcola SK, Bienfait SK, Rama SK, Macklin SK, Moose Jaw SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C2
- Manitoba: Notre Dame de Lourdes MB, Dunnottar MB, Lynn Lake MB, MB Canada, R3B 4P8
- Quebec: Bois-des-Filion QC, Princeville QC, Boucherville QC, Pohenegamook QC, Dollard-des-Ormeaux QC, QC Canada, H2Y 2W8
- New Brunswick: Richibucto NB, Tracadie NB, Le Goulet NB, NB Canada, E3B 7H8
- Nova Scotia: Argyle NS, Inverness NS, Windsor NS, NS Canada, B3J 9S7
- Prince Edward Island: Tignish PE, Tignish PE, Warren Grove PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Chance Cove NL, Hant's Harbour NL, Glovertown NL, St. John's NL, NL Canada, A1B 6J8
- Ontario: Khartum ON, German Mills ON, McGrath ON, Umfreville, Keelerville, Frontenac County ON, Holmesville ON, Killbear Park ON, ON Canada, M7A 5L8
- Nunavut: Cape Dorset NU, Tree River NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H2
- England: Bolton ENG, Southampton ENG, Woking ENG, Colchester ENG, Liverpool ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 3A6
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H8
- Scotland: East Kilbride SCO, Livingston SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Livingston SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 2B7
- Wales: Neath WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D3